Designed to teach off-campus instructors how to add content to their SIU Online courses, Part II of the D2L Essentials Series introduces the SIU Online Course Builder, where instructors can build their online course framework in an efficient, user-friendly environment.
- Access the Course Builder
- Create Modules
- Add Learning Objectives to Modules
- Add Content to Modules
- Add Placeholders
- Add Assignments (Dropboxes)
- Question/Answer Session (at midpoint and end of the session)
Before Your Scheduled Training
Before the day of your scheduled training, it is important to ensure access to the Virtual Training Lab. Click the link below to find out how to access the Virtual Training Lab and what requirements your computer must meet:
After Your Scheduled Training
- Click the link below to access the recording of D2L Essentials Part II:
D2L Essentials Part II Recording
- Download the Slides from your Online Training (Requires Microsoft Powerpoint):
D2L Essentials Part II Slides
- Click the link below to access the Independent Training Exercises for Part II of the D2L Essentials Series.
D2L Essentials Part II Independent Exercise: Course Builder
For Additional Assistance
Contact the SIU Online Help Desk
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: (618) 453-1024
- Instant Message