Teaching and Learning Symposium
The 4th Annual Teaching and Learning Symposium
February 24th, 25th, & 26th, 2015
Please join the Center for Teaching Excellence for our 4th Annual Teaching and Learning Symposium being held February 24th-26th, 2015 in Morris Library. Below you can view or download event times and places for the symposium. There is no registration needed, just come and participate as you can throughout the days events. If you have any questions, please call our office at 453-2258.
- Day 2 Highlights
*SCHEDULE UPDATE: We have asked D2L to demonstrate the Student Success System (S3) this Thursday, Feb 26th at 3pm. S3 is a recent add-on to our SIUonline learning environment. S3 is currently in place and CTE is prepared to work with faculty to set up S3 reporting to help manage student success. Here are some details about S3:
- The Student Success System uses analytical insights to make predictions about student success and risk levels in your courses.
- The predictive analysis used by the Student Success System is adaptable to the instructional approach of each course, allowing you to monitor student engagement and achievement expectations for your courses.
- The Student Success System, you can use the predictive models to monitor and design targeted interventions for at-risk students in active courses to improve student success, retention, completion, and graduation rates.
- For dashboard details, visit https://documentation.desire2learn.com/en/understanding-student-dashboard.
Please, come to the demo Thursday, Feb 26th and learn more about it.
- Student Success System Demo: 3-4pm (Room 754)
- Then stay for the Symposium Closing Reception: 4-6pm (1st Floor Rotunda) Drinks and Hors D’oeuvres Provided