Access your course at SIUonline
- Start here: online.siu.edu
- Click “SIU Account Login” button. (This will take you to another page.)
- Enter your full SIU email address (or Network ID) and Password.
- Click “Sign in”.
- You are here: My Home
- Locate your course under the “My Courses” section (below the News section).
- Click on link to your course.
- You are here: Course Home
Get Comfortable with SIUonline
It’s important to get familiar with your virtual surroundings. Take some time to review the course schedule and click around the course. Make sure you understand where you need to be at different times of the course, where to go to complete an assignment, how to participate in a discussion activity, etc.
For Student Video Tutorials, go to: http://cteapps.siu.edu/d2l/student-videos/
Know Where to Get Help
Visit the SIUonline Help homepage for hours and contact information: http://cte.siu.edu/siuonline-helpdesk/index.html
For immediate help, during regular business hours, click on the “LIVE HELP” link in the maroon navigation bar to chat with the SIUonline Help Desk.
Get to Know Your Class
Watch this specific tutorial about the Classlist to get familiar on how to stay in touch with your classmates when they are online, send email, and add/change your Profile picture. Add your picture to your profile, if you haven’t already. You only have to do this once and your photo will appear in all of your courses in SIUonline.
- To Access Classlist in SIUonline: Click “Track” in the maroon navigation bar. Then select “Classlist” in the drop-down menu.
- To Access Your Profile: Either go to “Classlist” and click on the picture icon next to your name OR click on your name at the top of any page in SIUonline and select “Profile” in the drop-down menu.
Are you ready to take an online course?
Before enrolling in an online course, you should first assess your readiness for stepping into the online learning environment. Make your online experience a Saluki Success by taking this online student readiness questionnaire. Your answers to the following questions will help you determine what you need to do to succeed in an online course. Links to additional tips and resources are provided after you complete the questionnaire.
Need an Exam Proctor?
Your online instructor may require your exams to be proctored. Exams are proctored to help verify the student’s identity and supervise them while taking the exam. This ensures that the exam is taken based on the parameters set by the instructor (for example, a closed book exam).
Visit the Extended Campus Student Guide for information on proctored exams, how to find a proctor, or how to schedule a proctored exam at SIU.