Director's Message: Teaching Excellence is Pivotal to Imagine 2030
Thank you for visiting the Center for Teaching Excellent (CTE). I suspect you’re on this page because you’re seeking teaching support or a solution to a problem. I hope that our team serves your needs. If we don’t meet your expectations, or you have ideas or suggestions for the services we should offer, please let us know.
SIU'S TEACHING & LEARNING WITH AI WEEK
Don't miss our event!
Experience a week of insightful sessions starting at 6 p.m. CST on February 12, 2024, with Sid Dobrin’s talk on “Higher Education and Artificial Intelligence.” The AI week will continue through February 16, featuring more AI-focused workshops, demonstrations, and discussions. This event is free and open to the public, except for exclusive events as noted in the schedule.SIU'S TEACHING & LEARNING WITH AI WEEK
We Love Your Passion for #EDTECH
Academic units and faculty across SIU use various tools and technology to deliver high-quality, engaging instruction. Many faculty are on the cutting edge of #edtech. We love your passion and commitment to adopting the technology that suits your needs. We encourage you to tinker.
Currently, we do not have the resources to support bespoke technology adoption. Below is the list of technology we recommend and endorse. These technologies will meet most instructors’ teaching needs. If you believe a technology you use would be helpful to all instructors or would benefit from CTE support (e.g., in D2L), let us know. We can consider building support around that technology after a thorough review process.
- MyCourses - D2L – This is the official Learning Management System of SIU. Faculty are required to use this system. We can assist with integrating your custom or preferred technology into D2L but cannot offer 24/7 support.
- YouSeeU – This is the virtual classroom and video assignment platform provided through D2L.
- Echo360 – This lecture capture software enables pre-recording lectures, online lecture capture, and in-classroom lecture capture.
- Microsoft Teams – MSFT Teams is supported by IT/SalukiTech and the CTE. We encourage the adoption of Microsoft Teams for online instruction, remote student advising/conferencing, and departmental meetings.
- Zoom - We have a limited number of Zoom licenses available and prioritize Zoom licenses for fully online and hybrid courses. We will provide support to academic units and faculty who purchase their own Zoom licenses; however, we encourage the adoption of Microsoft Teams for instructional needs and department meetings as this is the most cost-effective solution for SIU.
- Respondus - Respondus is a test proctoring and lockdown browser tool that allows secure and remote test/exam monitoring. For additional support and training opportunities, please visit Training Resources - Respondus